Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wow...it's crazy to think that my last post is nearly two years old! And oh, how life has changed...

I moved from Azerbaijan to Minnesota, completed my degree and moved from Minnesota to Illinois, couldn't renew my visa and moved from Illinois to British Columbia, moved from a house to a basement suite and, as of tomorrow, am moving into an apartment.

Whew.

It's crazy to think of how fast life moves and how much we learn in such a short period of time. Life is so unexpected and yet I wouldn't have it any other way. I've often asked myself if I would tell my past self what was coming if I had the chance and I always say no. There's something to learn in every experience: the good, the bad and the downright horrifyingly painful. Life doesn't very often happen like we want it to and my life has switched directions more often than I've planned--but isn't variety the spice of life?

All that to say...here's to another chapter.

I've been asked time and time again to start writing once more and I finally am. I hope it's all everyone dreams it to be haha ;)

With wet laundry at my feet, clothes waiting in the dryer, dishes waiting to be washed and a whole life waiting to be packed up, this "first" blog post will be short, BUT there's much more awesomeness to come.

This blog won't be themed because there are WAY too many things running around in my head for me to focus on any one thing because I'd have to have a million separate blogs and, though some of you may love my writing, my full-time job and your excitingly social lives would ultimately cease to exist.

Therefore...

Here's to life. To love. To cooking. To friends. To family.

To watching me take 15 minutes to parallel park on a curve.

And I'm serious about the last one.

People were going to send out a search party because I took so long.


Here is to a new and better beginning.





L'espoir fait vivre.

No comments:

Post a Comment